Pages

16 May 2010

Continue..

Assalamualaikum & Salam Sejahtera


My best friend was such a unique person. There was just something about her that made her so special. Every time I was around her, I felt safe and secure. She taught me about life. She would always remind me to be strong no matter what happens, to always love yourself and everybody around you. She would come-over to my place every day to force me to do my homework. One week before exams, she would sit with me and made sure I understood and memorized everything. She was my other half and I would be completely lost without her. 

Then, things seem to go wrong. She didn't come to school one day. I tried calling her after school but nobody answered the phone. Weird, I thought as she would always answer the phone on the second ring even if she was in the bathroom. The next day, she didn't come to school either and it continued for a week. It wasn't like her at all to not call me and inform me if anything happened. I went to her house and her aunt answered the door. "she's at the hospital, honey. She's really sick." My jaws dropped and my eyes felt like popping out. Sick??! She didn't tell me!! Maybe it was just a high fever, I thought. I went to the hospital with my mom. Room 17a, which was her room number. When I entered the room, there were tubes and wires all over the place. My best friend was very happy to see me and hugged me, as always. "I missed you!" she squealed. "Why didn't you call me?" I asked. She just kept quiet. After awhile, she held my hand and said "there's something you need to know." Her eyes began to sparkle with tears again. 'Oh no!' I thought 'not that tears again..' "I'm dying" I felt like a giant school bus just hit me. "WHAT?!" I couldn't believe it. "I have brain tumor. I'm really dying." She whimpered. 

I felt so mad. Life is so unfair, my heart screamed. "and you knew about this all along??!" I sobbed. I felt so hopeless. 'Why didn't she tell me?!' without saying a word, I ran away. Away from everything. I just couldn't accept the fact that my friend is leaving me alone in this complicated world. I locked myself for two days. Then, my mom came and talked to me. "she really needs you right now. If I were you, I wouldn't be locking myself here alone. I'd be spending my time with my best friend." Those words opened up my eyes. I hugged my mom and ran as fast as I could to the hospital. When I got there, my best friend was writing something. It was a card. She gave me the card and asked me to read it when I get home. We spent the whole night talking and laughing. The next morning, I went back home for awhile to change. When I got back to the hospital, my best friend’s mom was crying. I hurried into the room. "no..no..no.." I muttered. There she was, lying helplessly in her deathbed, smiling. 'how could she smile in a moment like this?'  I thought. "take care, okay. Remember everything that I've told you before." She said in a very low voice. I couldn't help it. "don't go.. no.." I sobbed. "I will always love you" those were her last words. Finally, the time came. I couldn't help but cried uncontrollably as I watched the flat line. That was it. She was gone. It was really hard for me to adjust my life without my best friend. Now, everything’s that we used to do together, I'd do it alone but I got used to it. 

It’s been two years now since her death. All our memories together, good and bad, I kept it to myself. I'd never erase them from my memory. Having this friendship, this special bond with my best friend, really changed my life. If we didn't meet during kindergarten, I wouldn't become who I am today. I've learned that life is tough, you have to be smart to go through it. I've learned that no matter what happens, you have to be strong and face the reality. I've had wonderful experiences with my best friend and learned tons of things. I've also experienced watching my beloved friend died right in front of my eyes. Fate is fate. You can never stop it but you can definitely change it. I know that my best friend is truly happy now and that she died in peace. I've always wished for an angel to come and save and take me away. I don't have to anymore as I know that she is watching me right now and she will always be protecting me.      

2 comments:

Syafinaz Alizaini said...

erk.. still xtahu.btol ke rekaan?

Adibah yahaya said...

bende dah lepas.anggap as fction je.