Pages

14 May 2010

My Best Friend

Assalamualaikum & Salam Sejahtera

     Tears came streaming down my cheeks as I stared blankly at the red rose in my hand. I could hear the sound of laughter of two girls clearly in my ears. I raised my head and found no one but myself in that lonely park. The two girls were my best friend and me. My best friend who was there when I needed her. My best friend whom I could lean on when I was down. My best friend who would give me her last cookie even if she really wanted that last piece. All the memories suddenly hit me like a bullet. I remembered the very first day we met and became friends. We were in kindergarten. "stop it!" I screamed when a group of boys came and started pushing me around, pulling my hair and took my lunch. I whimpered when they still wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't do anything. I was weak. I was a coward. The boys left and all I could do was sob in the corner of the room. Being bullied was not something new for me. I hated myself and wished that an angel would save me and take me away. "Are you okay?" a soft voice came up to me. I raised my head and opened my eyes. "They took your lunch, didn't they? Here, you can have my sandwich." A little girl said offering her lunch. From that moment onwards, we became friends. Every time people tortured me, she would be the one protecting me. She would stand up for me. She even got beaten up once because of me. I knew from that moment that I couldn't be afraid anymore. I had to push away all those fears. I need to change and I did. I became stronger and braver. None of the brats bothered us anymore.
     
     My best friend and I became closer by day. It was weird how two completely different persons could be really close. Our parents were really good friends so that made us even closer. We were inseparable. We spent every single weekend hanging out together. We called each other every day. She would tell me all her secrets and her crushes. As far as I knew her, she was a really great and strong person. She never complained about anything no matter how unfair life was. She once told me that the only person that she loved the most was her grandmother. Then, God tested her by taking her grandmother away when she was five. She told me that since then, there was a hole in her heart. Then she looked at me and her eyes began to sparkle with tears. I was stunned. As far as we knew each other, she's never cried. Well, not in front of me. That was the first time I saw her crying. From silent tears to sob. She sobbed and cried on my shoulders. I comforted her. That was all I could do. After awhile, she stopped crying. She looked at me and smiled. 

to be sambung kemudian....